Summarisation is the process of aggregating the information pertaining to a Chaos Experiment's execution over time.
In Litmus, summarisation is performed using the ChaosResult CR. It stores all the information relevant to a ChaosExperiment's execution over time, including events, experiment verdict, probe success percentage, target resource details, etc.
Observability Flow for Summarisation
- In the Chaos Execution Plane, the ChaosEngine Details and ChaosResult are fetched by the Chaos Agent.
- Chaos Agent then forwards them to the Backend Server in the Chaos Control Plane and later they get stored into the Database.
- When a user requests for the ChaosResult for a particular Chaos Experiment using the ChaosCenter, the request is received by the Backend Server.
- Backend Server queries the Database for the particular ChaosResult for the input Chaos Experiment.
- The ChaosResult is fetched from the Database by the Backend Server.
- ChaosResult is forwarded to the ChaosCenter.