Analytics is an integral part of Chaos Engineering, as it offers key insights that are required to fully understand a system during the chaos and functions as a decision-making tool for improving system resiliency.
In Litmus, workflow run statistics and information are generated post the chaos workflow execution, which can be accessed directly using the ChaosCenter.
- In the Chaos Execution Plane, the ChaosEngine Details and ChaosResult are fetched by the Chaos Agent.
- Chaos Agent then forwards them to the Backend Server in the Chaos Control Plane and later they get stored into the Database.
- User specifies the Chaos Workflow Schedule for which the workflow statistics and information is to be fetched as an input in the ChaosCenter.
- The request for the workflow statistics and information is received by the Backend Server.
- Backend Server queries the Database for the details of past Workflow Runs.
- Aggregated workflow statistics based on the ChaosResult verdict and probe success percentage are fetched from the Database by Backend Server.
- Workflow statistics and information are forwarded to ChaosCenter by Backend Server.