What is the Litmus Portal
It is a centralized web portal for creating, scheduling, and monitoring Chaos Workflows.
The Litmus Portal simplifies the chaos engineering experience for users by providing multiple features, some of which are listed below. It is
beta-0 phase as of the 1.11.0 release & is undergoing active development.
- Ability to launch and manage chaos across Kubernetes clusters (connected as "targets" to the portal)
- Basic authentication with support for organization teaming to collaborate on experiments
- Wizard to construct workflows by selecting, tuning and ordering experiments from the public ChaosHub or an alternate ChaosExperiment source (structured similarly, i.e., essentially a fork of the public source with custom experiments)
- Assignment of weights for chaos experiments in a workflow and derivation of Resilience Score for each workflow run
- Support for repeated execution via workflow schedule
- Chaos workflow visualization with on-demand log-lookup for individual chaos pods/resources
- Dashboards to view chaos workflow status & history
- Analytics to compare resilience scores across workflow runs based on custom timelines
The portal also allows execution of "predefined chaos workflows" that can be uploaded on-demand to aid more customization, especially in the cases where the workflows involve other Kubernetes actions (such as load generation) apart from chaos experiments.
Refer to the Litmus Portal User Guide to get started with the installation and usage.