Before you begin
You can learn about the concept of chaos infrastructures & chaos environments here.
You will need to create an environment for your chaos infrastructure to reside within. Environments are an abstraction layer over infrastructures, and a detailed guide on the environment creation process can be found here
1. Go to the Infrastructure section
Navigate to the
/environments page (Environments on the left nav), and click on the environment you wish to install the chaos infrastructure in:
2. Enable Chaos
Click on the
Enable Chaos button:
3. Add details of the Infrastructure
Add the details of the infrastructure such as the name, description and tags, then click on the
4. Tune the cluster level specifications
Choose one of the following modes:
- Cluster Wide: This mode of infrastructure installation allows targeting resources across the entire cluster, in all the namespaces, as part of an experiment.
- Namespace Mode: This mode of infrastructure installation allows targeting resources only in the namespace where the chaos infrastructure is deployed.
By default the installation will take place in the
litmus namespace and uses
litmus service account, which can be configured under the K8s cluster details.
Optionally, you can also specify the node selectors and Kubernetes tolerations for chaos infrastructure deployment in the advanced section
5. Deploy your Chaos Infrastructure
- For cluster-wide access:
- Select Download, and then copy and run the kubectl command shown on your screen to install the chaos infrastructure.
- For namespace access:
- Run the first kubectl command to create the target namespace.
- Run the second kubectl command to apply the chaos CRDs.
- Select Download, and then copy and run the third command to install the chaos infrastructure.
The newly created infrastructure will appear in the list of infrastructures: